Come Join Us
A Community Supported Agriculture Enterprise
Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) is a new idea in farming that reconnects families back to a local farmer that grows their food. Members receive shares in the farm’s bounty throughout the growing season, as well as satisfaction gained from reconnecting to the land and enjoying a direct link to a fresh, healthy, local food source. McDougal’s Farm is now accepting membership applications for the upcomig growing season. It’s easy: you pay for a season’s worth of vegetables before the growing season begins and we deliver them to the designated drop off site of your choice for 18 weeks, beginning early June to mid October. Early sign up is recommended and helps us with our planning.
What You Receive as a CSA Member
• Approximately 17 weeks of chemical free vegetables grown in an Earth friendly manner that are considerably more healthy and delicious than conventional produce, delivered as early as the second week in June through mid October depending on frost.
• Seasonally fresh herbs as available
• Weekly farm newsletters with useful recipes and healthy living tips
• Invitations and updates on family farm events, children’s and adult workshops.
• The opportunity to order additional canning vegetables
• Peace of mind in knowing that you are feeding your family nutritious, safely handled food reserved weekly just for you….no need to beat the market.
• A farm with which you and your family are welcome to be involved in the planting and harvesting as much or as little as you wish.
• The opportunity to share with your children home cooking & the growing process which we hope will be a part of their future.
June Sample box:
1 lb. bag of lettuce mix, 3/4 lb. snap peas, 1 bunch of radishes, green onions or leek, 1 bunch of beets, 1 lb. of sauté greens or spinach, 1 bunch of rhubarb, 1 kohlrabi, parsley. deleted bunch of carrots
August Sample box:
2 heads of Romaine lettuce, 4 tomatoes (heirlooms and slicers), 1 pt. cherry tomatoes, 3 onions, 2 bell peppers, 1 lb. green or yellow beans, 2-3 small zucchinis or summer squash, 3 cucumbers, 1 head of broccoli, and 1 bunch of basil.
October Sample box:
1 lb. lettuce mix, 1 head of cauliflower, 1 head of broccoli, 2 heads of garlic, 1 bunch of carrots, 3 lb. of potatoes, 1 butternut or acorn squash, 1 bunch of celery, 3 red onions, and 1 bunch of kale.
Where We are Located
Our farm is located at W10835 Bluebell Rd. in Deerbrook, WI (about 8 minutes from Antigo’s north side)
Drop off / Pick up Sites
You will be informed of set weekly Thursday pick up time at the following drop sites by May 31st. You may choose from one of the following: the Farm (Deerbrook), Natural Living (Antigo), Sweet Thyme (Antigo’s Northside) Bass Lake (Summit Lake area), CT’s Deli (Rhinelander) and Red Clover Market, Weston (Wausau area), Gress’s Wellness Center (Merrill) and Lotter’s BP (Pickerel). New site suggestions or offers welcomed.
How it Works
1. Pick up your box at an agreed upon location on the same day as delivery. This is important for freshness and as a courtesy to your host. Send a friend if you can’t make it.
2. Stay connected, read your families weekly emailed newsletter and provide us with feedback. This is one of the perks of a CSA….you get to know your farmer!